Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SouthWest Ontario Fun



It's the spring launch of SouthWest Ontario tourism. I'm going because this new region from London to Windsor that includes Simcoe, Woodstock and all the beach front and rural areas in between is one of Ontario's most satisfying summer playgrounds. Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport, Michael Chan thinks so too because he'll be there cheering on the dozens of tourism people who coordinate activities, restaurants, history, farm to table culture and natural landscapes so it's easy for people like me to navigate and have a truly enjoyable experience. In true tourism fashion, the 2-day event is at the historical railway station in St Thomas - I can't wait. I'm not a railway buff but I appreciate our history and enjoy the experiences both fun and educational that they offer.

You may not get to the SouthWest summit today, but let me know what your favourite place to visit is in SouthWest Ontario. Here is a travel story from The Ontario Table - there's many more in the book and at http://on.fb.me/zgTZEZ you will find lots of pictures - eye candy that will inspire you on a lazy summers day.

No comments:

Post a Comment